Leisure classes on as normal this bank holiday weekend
View all notices
  • Tel: 0141 777 3141/3142

2-4 West High Street
G66 1AD

View on Google Maps


William Patrick Library is based within Kirkintilloch Community Hub, which opened in 2012, however, its history dates back almost 100 years.

Open up a world of opportunity by joining William Patrick Library for free, with a wide range of services and facilities for all ages.

Your library membership gives you access to all East Dunbartonshire libraries and to our free online services

William Patrick Library offers:

  • A wide range of novels and factual books – explore the catalogue
  • A children and young people's section
  • A family reading area
  • Free internet and computer access
  • Free WiFi
  • Free access to newspapers
  • A Library Learning Suite
  • An information and enquiry service
  • Archive and Local Studies Collections
  • A study space
  • A photocopying and printing service.

For more information, contact William Patrick Library on 0141 777 3141.

Opening Hours

Day Time


10am to 8pm


10am to 8pm


10am to 8pm


10am to 8pm


10am to 5pm


10am to 5pm



Events at this venue

A range of events, activities and learning opportunities are hosted in this library. Have a look at our Eventbrite page to see what's happening in East Dunbartonshire libraries.

View All What's On


Library fun club

Story Stars

History of William Patrick Library

William Patrick was minister of Free St David’s Church, Kirkintilloch, from 1878 to 1892. He was a lifelong abstainer and helped to form the Kirkintilloch Temperance Union (the Temperance campaign became particularly strong in Kirkintilloch, leading to the town becoming "dry" from 1921 to 1968).

In 1892, William Patrick left Kirkintilloch to become minister of Free St Paul’s Church, Dundee, and in 1900 took up the post of Principal of Manitoba College, Winnipeg, Canada.

He returned to Kirkintilloch in 1911 when he became seriously ill and died the same year. He is buried in the Old Aisle Cemetery.

In 1929, his brother – David Patrick – purchased Camphill House in Kirkintilloch, which he donated to Kirkintilloch Town Council as a library to be named after his brother.

The William Patrick Memorial Library remained in Camphill House until 1994 when it moved to its current location.

Events at this venue

View All Events

Relaxing Reads